JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- Book review: Stomp the Elephant in the Office
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- Dancing with the Stars-style event gives volunteer fundraisers the tools to succeed
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Monthly Archives: April 2012
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting When starting a new internship or job, it’s incredibly important to observe and adapt to the organizational culture in place. The trick, however, is determining what makes up the company’s culture. Because culture is not … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting Recent studies of high school seniors and college freshman have found that Millennials are less concerned about the environment than previous generations. While on a broad level these statistics may be accurate, at the personal … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting These days, resumes need to be more detailed and more professional than ever to stand out from the pack. One of the ways job seekers are setting themselves apart is by quantifying their resumes, showing … Continue reading
Montana Attorney General releases findings from investigation of Three Cups of Tea charity—nonprofit takeaways
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting We first wrote about Three Cups of Tea author Greg Mortenson nearly a year ago, when he and his organization, the Central Asia Institute (CAI) became embroiled in a scandal concerning the organization’s finances and … Continue reading