JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- Book review: Stomp the Elephant in the Office
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- Dancing with the Stars-style event gives volunteer fundraisers the tools to succeed
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Monthly Archives: March 2011
by Laurie McCaw, McCaw Coaching and Consulting Six months ago, after a ten year run, I left the job of my dreams. It was one of the hardest decisions I would ever make. After all, who in their “right mind” … Continue reading
By Halo Jobson, Colorado Youth at Risk Colorado Youth at Risk is about saving lives. We are local one-on-one mentoring organization and we change the lives of over 300 at-risk youth every year. An example of one youth is Theron. … Continue reading
by Angela Bomgaars, Extreme Community Makeover From an idea…..to a program…..to a non-profit organization. How does that happen? How did I ever get connected with this idea that has impacted the direction of my life immensely? Have you ever really … Continue reading
by Sara Struckman, Mental Health America of Colorado The recent events in Africa and the Middle East have been dominant topics of conversation at my dinner table over the past couple of weeks. My husband and I both agree that … Continue reading
by Kim Ann Wardlow, Audio Information Network of Colorado I’m alternately fascinated and frustrated by technology. Protesters take video with their phones and send it across the world. Scientific and medical breakthroughs occur as technology improves. For example, I have … Continue reading
by Abby Landmeier We are in a time of recession, where many struggle to find jobs. The city I live in is experiencing one of the highest unemployment rates in the nation, rising above Flint, Michigan. We grumble. “Stupid recession,” … Continue reading
By Ashley Kasprzak, JVA Consulting Some people profess their love for animals, Doritos and other unique things through Facebook, tweets and bumper stickers. If I had to choose one silly love statement, it would be “I love nonprofits.” Admittedly, love … Continue reading
Civic Ventures announced yesterday that JVA Consulting President/CEO Janine Vanderburg was one of five winners in its first ever Launch Pad contest, which aims to help people over age 45 turn creative ideas for solving problems in their communities into … Continue reading