JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- Book review: Stomp the Elephant in the Office
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- Dancing with the Stars-style event gives volunteer fundraisers the tools to succeed
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Monthly Archives: April 2008
As of this Monday, the first of millions of Americans will have received a little boost in their bank account in the form of an economic stimulus check, designed by the government to help boost the flagging economy with an … Continue reading
By Robin Leist Executive Director of La Llave Family Resource Center in Alamosa, CO. JVA: This is the second story written by the La Llave Family Resource Center ED about the aftermath of the recent salmonella outbreak in Alamosa (to … Continue reading
By Robin Leist Executive Director of La Llave Family Resource Center in Alamosa, CO. JVA Note: The La Llave Family Resource Center is a client of JVA’s. We wanted to run this heartwarming post written by its ED a couple … Continue reading
Ed Week, 4/14 New research into what is commonly called the black-white “achievement gap” suggests that the students who lose the most ground academically in U.S. public schools may be the brightest African American children. As black students move through … Continue reading
Last week as we watched the flashy uber-production of “Idol Gives Back” on American Idol, we got to thinking about the impact of new trends and technologies and wondered if they are the future (or perhaps even the present!) of … Continue reading