JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- National Philanthropy Day: Painless ways to celebrate
- Explaining unrelated jobs on your resume: Ask Amber
- Professional portfolios—building and using: Ask Amber
- Holiday philanthropy on a young professional's budget: Ask Amber
- Advice I'm Thankful for This Thanksgiving: Ask Amber
- The Office Wardrobe: What's Appropriate, What's Not?
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Monthly Archives: November 2011
by Janine Vanderburg Since Oprah introduced the idea that expressing gratitude could result in positive effects, I’ve been interested in the notion of writing down things and experiences for which I am grateful. That there is science behind it makes … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting With the holiday season in full swing, young professionals are faced with yet another learning opportunity involving company culture: holiday parties. In this week’s Ask Amber, I will pass on some advice about remembering the office … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting It seems like we keep hearing more and more about breweries that are doing good work in the community. Surly Brewing, based out of Minnesota, is particularly close to my heart, not only because they … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting Question: How do you write a resume and cover letter that can easily and quickly be tailored to multiple jobs? This is a great question for recent grads and people new to the sector who … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting Many of you have probably heard of Renegade Brewing Company, a recently opened brewery in the Santa Fe Arts District that is quickly gaining traction in Denver’s craft brew scene. Renegade took two medals at the … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting With funding opportunities harder to secure these days, many nonprofits are seeking new ways to attract and retain major donors. However, not all fundraising strategies are created equal as explained by Grant Jones, Executive Director of … Continue reading