JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- About JVA Consulting
- The Office Wardrobe: What's Appropriate, What's Not?
- Executive Directors: Pathways to the job, challenges and rewards
- How will Obama’s plan affect nonprofits?
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Category Archives: Health
By Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting How often is it that the President of the United States is in your own front yard? For me that’s never happened—until today. President Barack Obama has spent much of his week in Colorado—debating Mitt … Continue reading
By Amber Alarid, JVA Consulting This month, environmentally conscious young professionals can help the planet and save some dough by participating in Bike to Work Day on June 27. Not only will participants reduce their carbon footprint and cut fuel … Continue reading
By Julia Alvarez, JVA Consulting On Saturday, June 4, 11 JVA staff members will lace up their running and walking shoes to participate in Jodi’s Race for Awareness (JRA), the Colorado Ovarian Cancer Alliance’s (COCA) annual 5K and one-mile race … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting I first happened upon the Meatless Monday campaign a few months back. I was looking for Valentine’s Day (which happened to fall on a Monday) dinner ideas for my husband and me that were cheaper … Continue reading
By Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting “Join us. It’s time to change the world again.” That’s what the Power Point slide projecting against a wall read at the Boomers Leading Change in Health (BLCiH) offices, and it’s that sentiment that filled … Continue reading
JVA Consulting is thrilled to announce that the orientation and training sessions for Boomers Leading Change in Health, an initiative to harness the experience and energy of adults age 50+ in meaningful action to improve the health of the community, … Continue reading
by Ashley Kasprzak, JVA Consulting October was breast cancer awareness month and hardly anyone could miss it. Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation, brilliantly spread the message further than ever before. From mom and pop tattoo shops to the … Continue reading