JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- About JVA Consulting
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- New Jersey’s move to limit executive director salaries revives nonprofit salary debate
- Dancing with the Stars-style event gives volunteer fundraisers the tools to succeed
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Monthly Archives: October 2008
Michigan to offer master’s in fundraising: Philanthropy Journal (10/16) The University of Michigan in Ann Arbor next year will offer a master’s program in fundraising with a concentration in philanthropy, advancement and development. The program, set to begin in fall … Continue reading
We are getting a lot of calls from many of you who feel you need a consultant more than ever: to help you through these tough times, think through strategy, activate your board or raise more money. But with donations … Continue reading
Change afoot for Wachovia philanthropy: Philanthropy Journal (9/30) The buy-out of Wachovia will create changes to its charitable giving program. Wachovia gave $129 million to nonprofits last year through its corporate-giving program and its foundation. And for the moment, Wachovia’s … Continue reading
JVA staff members are actively engaged in the community, donating their time and energy to others. Two JVAers will be walking for a good cause this weekend in support of ongoing efforts in Sudan. The second annual Walk for Sudan … Continue reading
By Katy Snyder Communications/Resource Development Associate We’ve heard the phrases “Main Street and “Wall Street” ad nauseum in the last few weeks, from the presidential and vice presidential debates (bar-goers at Sengers on the Fax even created a bingo-based drinking … Continue reading