JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- About JVA Consulting
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- New Jersey’s move to limit executive director salaries revives nonprofit salary debate
- Dancing with the Stars-style event gives volunteer fundraisers the tools to succeed
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Monthly Archives: October 2010
Most Donors Plan to Maintain Level of Charitable Giving, Survey Finds The majority of American donors plan to maintain their level of charitable giving in the near term, despite volatility in the financial markets and an uncertain economic outlook, according … Continue reading
by Ashley Kasprzak, JVA Consulting October was breast cancer awareness month and hardly anyone could miss it. Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation, brilliantly spread the message further than ever before. From mom and pop tattoo shops to the … Continue reading
by Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting On October 18, the Young Nonprofit Professional Network (YNPN) Denver hosted Beer and Ballots—an event that looked at both sides of some of the biggest issues facing Colorado voters. The fast-paced event took place at … Continue reading
Janine Vanderburg, JVA Consulting Over 250 people jammed into the Aurora Fox Arts Theater in Aurora for a special screening of Welcome to Shelbyville, a film directed and produced by Kim Snyder that weaves the narratives of different groups of … Continue reading
By Jennifer Johnson, JVA Consulting Over the weekend the Chronicle of Philanthropy released a report showing that the nation’s largest, and therefore considered the most successful nonprofit organizations saw an 11% drop in donations in 2009; several groups in the … Continue reading
By Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting Although I’m not exactly looking forward to the cold days of winter, I will admit that I’m glad the summer movie blockbuster season is finally over. I’m ready to hear about some new movies that … Continue reading
By Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting With the November election right around the corner, the Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN) is hosting Beer and Ballots—a free event that will help attendees make sense of this year’s ballot initiatives and give people … Continue reading