JVA 411Interested in funding opportunities, training opportunities and news in the sector? Click here to subscribe to JVA 411—our free, weekly e-newsletter.
- Applying for more than one position at the same company: Ask Amber
- Nonprofit has different perspective on double bottom line thanks to volunteers
- About JVA Consulting
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
- New Jersey’s move to limit executive director salaries revives nonprofit salary debate
- Dancing with the Stars-style event gives volunteer fundraisers the tools to succeed
- Accountability/transparency Books and articles you want to read Boomers College graduates and nonprofits Commentary Community Economy Education Executive director training Favorite clients Foundation news Fundraising Generations Gen Xers Grantwriting Health Human resources Issues Jobs/economic development Millenials News you can use Online fundraising Philanthropy Social enterprise Social Enterprise Shopping Social innovators Social media Training Opportunities Trends Volunteerism/civic engagement
Category Archives: Favorite clients
By Katy Snyder, JVA Consulting Spellbinders is one of our favorite kinds of nonprofits—the kind that brings together two diverse groups for the benefit of both. In Spellbinders’ case, those two groups are elementary school (and sometimes older) kids and … Continue reading
After the tragic shooting at an Aurora movie theater during the premier of The Dark Knight Rises, leaving 12 confirmed dead and 58 injured, the nonprofit community has stepped up to provide care to all affected. While some services are … Continue reading
An article published this morning speaks to the intensity of northern Colorado’s High Park Fire: “more than 600 firefighters and nearly 30 aircraft are continuing to fight a northern Colorado wildfire blamed for one death and damage to more than … Continue reading
by Janine Vanderburg Since Oprah introduced the idea that expressing gratitude could result in positive effects, I’ve been interested in the notion of writing down things and experiences for which I am grateful. That there is science behind it makes … Continue reading
By Collin Lessing, JVA Consulting “Join us. It’s time to change the world again.” That’s what the Power Point slide projecting against a wall read at the Boomers Leading Change in Health (BLCiH) offices, and it’s that sentiment that filled … Continue reading
Have you been to the Denver Zoo in the last five years? If the answer is no, the Denver Zoo wants to hear from you. In partnership with JVA Consulting, the zoo will hold several focus groups in Denver and … Continue reading
By Nancy Zuercher, JVA Project Manager and Research Associate The University of Colorado Denver has a program that provides professional development to teachers of English language learners. Once a month, as the program evaluator, I get to join a meeting … Continue reading