Here is a roundup of what our readers in 2009 were most interested in. Not surprisingly, most of them addressed in some way or another the lifeblood of nonprofits: FUNDING!
With a new president in office, the post JVA Consulting wrote right after the election continued to be popular:
Worries about the economy dominated nonprofit conversation, and a popular blog post was on the lessons from 911:
There was a lot of interest in stimulus dollars, with three of the top blogs focused on that topic:
- Stimulus package to provide opportunities for nonprofits
- Colorado nonprofits try to sort out recovery act funding at workshop
- State of Colorado launches stimulus funds Web site
Stories about celebrity foundations were also popular, with those about Leona Helmsley and Michael Jackson garnering top rankings.
The increased interest of nonprofits in social media and its potential for fundraising was evident:
And these 2008 postings addressing two perennial nonprofit issues—dress codes and board fundraising—continued to be popular:
- The Office Wardrobe: What’s Appropriate, What’s Not?
- Do your board members contribute financially to your organization?
What do you want to read about this year? Let us know…